(meteorobs) Re: Reports of fireball activity around the world?

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Thu Jan 11 13:39:15 EST 2007

Thomas & All,

I don't believe that there has been an actual increase in the fireball
activity. It just so happens that these events occurred over populated areas
where they had a better chance of being seen. We must also remember that one
of these events was actually a Russian rocket that re-entered the atmosphere
over the Rocky Mountain states. That event accounted for 45 fireball reports
to the AMS from people who actually thought it was a natural fireball.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford