(meteorobs) Leonid Trains Highlights 1998 - 2006 NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE - a reposting

dxer2_2000 dxer2_2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:55:04 EST 2007

Hi all

I'm posting this again as I didn't see it come up in the digests.

Hi Everyone

My FM Tuner recordings of persistant trains (forward scatter) during the
Leonids meteor shower are now available online for free download. Note that
these mp3s are encoded at 320k bitrate for high quality, so the files are
quite large (usually 6 - 11mb). I recommend broadband internet access for
these.

http://www.owdjim.gen.nz/chris/radio/DXSoundBites/leonids/andromeda.php

It will give you an Australian perspective of the Leonids : )

Highlights are from 1998 - 2006. I hope you will really enjoy these. Some
are even in STEREO. Some trains even have a dopple whistle at the start. The
Leonids of 2001 produced quite a few of these.

HeHe - I hope you like classical music! I used a distant ABC Classic FM
transmitter for monitoring. In some cases I ran 2 or 3 tuners in parallel to
capture the trains on more than one frequency.

Please email me privately for any comments.
Much Thanks to Chris Mackerell in New Zealand for hosting these.

Geoff Wolfe - Bombala NSW Australia