(meteorobs) Northern bias to meteor showers?

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Tue Jan 23 16:24:35 EST 2007

From: "Bruce McCurdy" <bmccurdy at telusplanet.net>
To: "Global Meteor Observing Forum" <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:15 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Northern bias to meteor showers?

CUT

> Since we meteor observers have officially entered the "off-season" it's a
> good time to question the many experts who populate this forum. I don't
> recall seeing the above subject addressed in the five years I have
> subscribed to meteorobs, so I'll ask a simple question: what the heck is
> going on?
>
> Bruce

A very quick answer: the origin of meteor showers come in many
cases from comets and they must to do this in the same mode in
Northern and Southern sky, I think that it's possible that Southern
sky has more meteor showers that the Northern but we not known
they then they must to be discovered at today, this it's a big job,
do the Austral observers to do it? I think especially at very short
duration meteor showers.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli