(meteorobs) Leonid Trains Highlights 1998 - 2006 NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE - areposting

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Jan 23 19:11:06 EST 2007

(Oops, sorry for the previous mis-fired post. I hit the wrong button.)

Though I am having a difficult time listening to Geoff's specimens due
to internet buffering I believe that they are indeed  meteor reflections.

At 90 MHz many Leonids produce over one minute trails.   Some Leonids
can be very smoky and lingering.

I think meteors can cause that sort of flutter I heard in the 2006
specimens as the trail breaks up.

I'm not sure of the use of the word "doppler" in this case but I did
hear instances of multiple transmitters.

It would be good to get other opinions though.

Thomas Ashcraft