(meteorobs) Question- point me in the right direction

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Sun Jan 28 09:51:20 EST 2007

From: "Kim " <cdnspooky at persona.ca>

> On 28 Jan 2007 at 15:07, Roberto G. wrote:
>
> Good Morning Roberto,
>
> Thank you for giving the information you did.  Would you know of any
> elements that might be able to show the comets orbit?

Hello Kim,

the orbital elements of C/1959 Y1 took from the Catalogue of cometary
orbits 1997 by Marsden and Williams are the following:

time of perielium 20.9956 March 1960
perielium 0.504353  A.U.
ecc. 1,000145
inc. 159.6002
node 252.6387
arg. 306.6343

> If it is hyperbolic, are you saying that we will never see it again?

Yes, this comet never come back toward the Sun and the Earth,
only if it shall meet an undiscovered body that change its orbit it should
come back.

> thanks in advance,
>
> Kim

Best greetings.