(meteorobs) Guadalajara 'Meteor'

Jim Pettit J.Pettit at lambcon.com
Fri Jan 26 17:05:18 EST 2007

All--

Forgive me if you have all hashed this out, but I've been away from the list
for several months, and have suffered for it. :)

Can someone tell me what this is/was?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f8a4de8a13

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mbA606ZRWI

The object is clearly blazing, clearly leaving a long glowing trail, and
clearly pulsatingly bright...but it's also clearly curving, clearly (I think)
below the cloud deck, and (therefore, if true) clearly move far slower than I
would think it should. But still, it's something? What have you guys come up
with?

(And, yes, I know I could be having my leg pulled.)

--Jim