(meteorobs) Very Large Meteor at Bryce Canyon 7/6

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 18:25:48 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/8/2007 6:10:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
buddyoakes at hotmail.com writes:

We were  at National Park Service Ranger Program/Star Party at Bryce Canyon
Utah  and saw one of the largest meterors ever seen by the group of observers

there. It was approximately 10:20 MDT and went from about 90 dergees
overhead to the horizon, directly north to south.  It was blue- white  in
color.

I'm planning to be at Bryce Canyon for the peak of the Perseids, five weeks
from tonight!

-- joe rao