(meteorobs) Search for a screamer (part two)

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Tue Jun 5 04:35:08 EDT 2007

    Arlene wrote:

> Bruce, Thank you for this! It certainly brightened my day.

    If only that bolide had brightened my night ...

> And just the image of 'a herd of plains bison'...well, that was lovely.

   You're right, it was lovely, in a bovine kind of way. There was also a
huge flock of Canada geese which was camped out around the slough (reedy
pond, pron. "slew") just past the fence. Rare (for me) to see so many on the
ground rather than overhead, where at night they can briefly be mistaken for
meteors. (Honkin' big ones!)

> what? no photos??

    Well, I don't think meteorobs likes attachments, but since you asked,
check out the first photo in the linked article (about the dedication of my
prime meteor observing site as a Dark Sky Preserve):

http://www.rasc.ca/news/bhdsp.shtml

> here where the sheep and the goats roam...

    That too is a lovely image.

    Bruce
    *****