(meteorobs) ICOM PR1000 + FM Antenna on Channel 6 = No resultsyet

Siddhartha Jain siddhartha at siddharthajain.net
Tue Jun 12 04:21:13 EDT 2007

Ok, I have installed a new TV antenna (Channel Master 3018) and its
now set an angle of ~45 degrees due south-east towards Santa Barbara
(I am in Santa Clara, CA).

The splitter is gone and the scanner is set at 87.750Mhz (Channel 6
audio) on the WFM mode (230khz filter). I am listening to crickets at
the moment and leaving the setup to record the activity thru dawn. I
checked others channels 2, 4 and 5 with this setup and was able to
hear the audio.

Not too hopeful about this setup because if it worked I should've
atleast heard something in a few minutes of listening but I am willing
to give it a shot for tonight.

- Siddhartha