(meteorobs) ICOM PR1000 + FM Antenna on Channel 6 = No resultsyet

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Tue Jun 12 09:59:26 EDT 2007

Siddhartha Jain wrote:

 >The splitter is gone and the scanner is set at 87.750Mhz (Channel 6
audio) on the WFM mode
 >(230khz filter).

 Use the station minus off set frequency at 83.24 MHz for
a bit to see what you get. Then try 83.26 MHz the plus off set
frequency. I would use CW mode if you have it. WFM mode you should
hear pings like a tuning fork. CW mode will sound rougher like
"BONNNGGGGGG..."

 I use 83.24 Mhz with CW mode for my listening and a simple
dipole antenna with the 2 elements cut to 34 inches (0.86 meters).

--
Clear skies