(meteorobs)RE: OT -- ICOM PR1000 + FM Antenna on Channel 6 = No resultsyet

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Tue Jun 12 11:46:47 EDT 2007

Hi
Just a comment on the interference from the computer and related
household devices.

If you are interested in checking for interference -- or harmonics that
cause interference -- borrow or purchase an inexpensive multiband
receiver with AM/FM (I have a  small Eton mini 300) with digital readout
and tune up and down the FM band and SW bands. For example -- I listen
to public radio on 89.1 and 92.5. when the computer is on , the computer
creates interference. My flat screen monitor creates interference at
99.8 mhz.

A possible solution to decreasing the interference is moving the
receiver closer to the antenna and having the computer in a different
room.

Best

George John Drobnock