(meteorobs) Is this what it sounds like + Some weird samples

Siddhartha Jain siddhartha at siddharthajain.net
Mon Jun 18 01:49:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

First of all, thanks everyone with helping me with figuring out how to
listen on Channel 6. I appreciate everyone's patience and support.

I am now tuned to 83.240Mhz on the PCR1000 on the CW mode (filter
2.8khz). Everything is turned off except the DSP unit for filtering
noise. Using ICOM's software I don't hear anything but with the same
setting I was able to capture all this using PCRTalk. Does anyone have
an idea why would that be?

Here are a few samples:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100095634/regular-samples01.mp3
Does this sound like what I should be listening for?

Not sure, what are these. The kind sampled in "05" went on for a
couple of hours.
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100095633/weird-samples02.mp3
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100095632/weird-samples03.mp3
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100095631/weird-samples04.mp3
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100095630/weird-samples05.mp3

Appreciate your comments on these samples and please let me know of a
clean way to share these samples.

Thanks,

- Siddhartha