(meteorobs) Is this what it sounds like + Some weird samples

Ed Totman etotman at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 11:28:05 EDT 2007

I only listened to the first sample.  It sounds like meteor echoes to me.

Have you tried a lower frequency such as channel 2?  Using an inexpensive outdoor rooftop TV antenna and a TV amplifier mounted close to the antenna, with a radio tuned to 55.24 mhz (approximately) I listen to meteor head echoes.  They sound like incoming bombs!  The inital head echo itself is very brief, followed by strong continuous returns for several minutes.  I've recorded images of these head echoes on my SDR-14.  I'll post a link later tonight if you are interested.