(meteorobs) Good radios for tv carrier meteor scatter?

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 20:05:40 EDT 2007

Can anyone recommend radios for observing meteor scatter from tv carrier waves?  Specific models?  Antennas?

I am in the process of setting up a forward scatter array and am being challenged by local FM radio congestion ( 88 MHz - 108 MHz) so am thinking now about tv carrier wave scatter.

Also, I found a great web tool for finding possible vacant FM radio frequencies at your locale.
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant

I can see that this site is immediately helpful for finding nulls in the FM dial.

Thanks.

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico
ashcraft (at) heliotown.com