(meteorobs) eclipse with a BONUS!

Arlene Carol arlene.carol at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:06:17 EST 2007

Well, that was great! I believe we have just about full coverage of the moon
at this point...
the moon is a lovely and strange reddish color. the wind picked up so i'm
not sure i want to keep myself
awake much longer (i've been awake since 5:30am today with no nap!).

as good as that was however - at 12:50, i saw what was probably the most
beautiful meteor of my entire life!!!

slow moving ... slow motion fall to the north-north east as if it were
thrown from the eclipsing
moon itself... it was magnificent. the brightest thing in the heavens at
that point...
golden color with a very very long tail...

i was thinking as i watched the shadow of the earth pass over the face of
the moon...
i don't remember ever seeing a full lunar eclipse before...partial eclipses
and of course
solar eclipses...but this was my first and possibly last lunar eclipse..

but that meteor...!!      it was worth the wait though.

WOW.

i hope some of you are able to watch the eclipse and maybe you'll get an
extra -special treat too.

arlene
western turkey -south of troy