(meteorobs) Object Over San Diego County 2 March '07

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Fri Mar 9 11:25:07 EST 2007

I've been busy but I cut this from the North County Times so I could post it
if no report showed up on here, seems a large meteor visited us a week ago
Thursday night, moving on a southeast to northwest course.

    In general many calls were made to local police about a possible plane
going down in the county about 8:30 PM, others saw a meteor or didn't give
an opinion in the report. "It was a big red ball, looked like fire, across
the sky," said Fallbrook resident Gloria Dwyer. "I never saw anything like
it before, it was amazing."

    One Highway patrolman reported a large shooting star out over the
Pacific Ocean at 8:38 PM while a resident reported that a plane went down
in Mission Gorge area another resident reported an object down near Mount
Woodson, between Ramona and Poway.

                                   Dave English
                              Oceanside, California