(meteorobs) Anything unusual over Indiana tonight?

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Sun Mar 11 22:19:32 EDT 2007

Received this e-mail message from a friend  of mine
who works as an on-camera meteorologist at  WNDU-TV
in Indiana.  She received calls from between Warsaw and Bluffton. Fort  Wayne
tower said they heard reports as well from near Bluffton.
A pilot also  reported seeing it near Warsaw, estimating it around 4kft.

Any unusual sightings out of the upper  Midwest
on this Sunday night?

-- joe rao

Hi Joe --

Sorry to bother you again.  I've been trying  to find the answer on the web,
but with no success so far.

We have had several calls from people that  reported something that looks
like a slow-moving meteor, bluish in color that  moved across the sky around 8:00
tonight.  I didn't catch what direction,  but I think from the descriptions
of where they were would be north.  A  woman I talked to said that she was just
waiting for it to explode, and it had a  long, beautiful tail.

Any satellites or space junk supposedly making it  back into the atmosphere?
That would be my uneducated guess.  I know  there's an asteroid, but I
believe binoculars are needed for that.

Any help is appreciated.   Thanks!

Cindi  Clawson

http://www.aol.com.