(meteorobs) Digital Voice Recorder

Kim Youmans meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 15 17:00:32 EDT 2007

    My entire "meteor kit" is in need of updating -- my tape recorder died
during a recent outing and I'm unable to see my watch well in the dark while
I wear my contacts, which are still a vast improvement over glasses.
    I just bought a talking clock (as opposed to watch) so now all I have to
do is reach over and give it a bonk to get a time stamp for each meteor.
    My question is --  do any of you use digital (non-tape) recorders for
meteor observing, and if so, what are your thoughts about them?  Anyone?

Kim Youmans