(meteorobs) Stargazing at State/National Parks out west

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 16:20:03 EDT 2007

>>My first thought was one
of our National Parks . . . but  which one?   If anybody has any experience
with the State and  National Parks out west --  especially in regard to
stargazing -- and  can make some suggestions, I'd  sure like to hear  them.<<
Joe, you might want to consider on top of sentinel dome in Yosemite  National
Park. From the parking lot to the top of the dome, there is a  relatively
easy 1 mile hike. Once on top, you have an unobstructed 360 degree  view with
very dark skies.
George Zay