(meteorobs) Stargazing at State/National Parks out west

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 11:22:35 EDT 2007

Joe,

Consider Indian Trail Springs in the Ochoco Mountains
of Central Oregon, where the Oregon Star Party takes
place. It is at about 5000 feet elevation on a ridge
top, open on all sides. The skies are very dark and
transparent, with no significant light pollution down
to the horizon. The weather there tends to be dry and
hot in August.

regards,

Robin Gray