(meteorobs) Stargazing at State/National Parks out west

Jan Verfl verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Thu Mar 22 11:24:27 EDT 2007

Hi

I live on lat. 50 N  and must say we enjoy Perseids quite well.  The
astronomical night for 12/8 takes more than 4 and 1/2 hours here, but
another goot thing is here - the angle between Sun's aparent path and
horizon is quite small, so the dawn and dusk is very slow and so you get
another time for watching when the sun is 17,16 and so degrees below
horzion....

June and July - that's another story! Bteween 1st June and 12th July there
is no astronomical night whatsoever.

Jan