[Fwd: Re: (meteorobs) OT: Telescopes]

Woodchuk woodl at telus.net
Sat Mar 24 02:47:24 EDT 2007

Build a foam rack to set the scope in. A piece of masonite as long as your tube and
as wide as needed ~ 18 inches. Cut three pieces of ~18" x 6" x 2" Ethafoam. Cut out
a half circle so that it fits the tube. Glue the flat side to the masonite and you
have a sturdy rack and shock obsorber.
I have a piece of carpet on the bed of my pickup and the smooth side of the
masonite slides in and out easily. I have been carrying my 12.5 inch dob this way
for years. A well built scope does not need to lose collimation. My scope is rarely
out of the truck.

Larry Wood