(meteorobs) OT: Telescopes

lunro.imo.usa at cox.net lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Sat Mar 24 13:56:16 EDT 2007

Wes and All,

Until recently I have been a "star hopper", finding objects I wish to view in atlas's and using a large finderscope to hunt them down. This method is a great way to learn the sky but it is time consuming. Now my trips to dark skies are few and far between and I wish to take advantage of every minute so I have purchased a computer controlled SCT. I find them to be  a great advantage as I can find objects instantly plus brighter objects during daylight. It certainly helped me find Comet McNaught during the day last January.

Each of us has our own preferences and these can also change during ones lifetime. The main thing goal is to buy a telescope you are going to use and not one that will gather dust.

Bob Lunsford