(meteorobs) Stockton meteorite

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 26 17:00:47 EDT 2007

Still no follow up information on the web.

My guess is that the Vibro-Seis company that was located in Woodland,
Califorinia in the mid-80's before moving to the Stockton area for a new
base of operations were the ones who discovered it.

Once having worked with the Company, I was fortunate to see how the
vibro-seis trucks worked. For general info I include a rough(hopefully
entertaining), description.

5 very heavy trucks including a computer truck which stacks the return echo
data from a string of (pre-layed) out electromagnetic vibration sensors, are
spaced apart & "pound" the ground with a large vibration pad underneath each
vehicle chassis. The pounding starts at a very low frequency and moves
gradually up in frequency with constant amplitude.

The computer truck receives the sensor signals and processes their signals
in a manner to show densities of below surface layering. The end result is a
complete picture of the earth underneath including shape(domes), divided
further by the bed stratifications over depth.

They sell this finished image info. to oil & gas drillers who do not know
what any specific area looks like UNTIL THEY BUY buy the processed result of
THAT area.

They can win with good gas & oil dome data or they can lose with no domes of
any kind. Kinda cold....but strickly business here.

Are we still on Meteor topic here?

Larry
YC Sentinel