(meteorobs) Radio Eta Aquarids nice

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Thu May 3 18:21:39 EDT 2007

Jan Verfl wrote:

 >may I (sorry for my zero knowledge about radio observation) just
wonder how
 >do you manage to do this? Your report says "listening by ear", but
there are
 >at least 8 continuous hours of data

 Yes, I listen to the radio for the duration of the observations. I put
the antenna
on the balcony and get the radio ready. Being my own boss at work allows
me to go
in when I want to or take a few days off. Living in an apartment I have
everything handy.
I do walk around or go on the balcony to get some air or if clear make a
solar observation,
I can also make something to eat and still monitor the radio. I am not
sitting in a
chair listening for the full duration or I would run into the woods :).

The only time I would not do the radio listening is when I get severe
migraines. I can say
the time seems to go fast.

--
Clear skies