(meteorobs) Magnetometers for Meteor scatter & Electrophonic work?

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 7 02:57:41 EDT 2007

Another door has been opened largely due to Ed Majdens Iron Meteor reports recently posted. My thanks again.

Magnetometers for Meteors?

I believe they fall within the historical scope of Nikolas' Mongolian work and possibly may have an effect on meteor scatter signal modulation in the low kilohertz range?

A home built Proton Precession Magnetometer & a home brew Flux Gate Magnetometer are illustrated at:
http://www.lund.irf.se/HeliosHome/geomag_magnetometers.html
----Look in the right hand column under home-built, and click on both types of magnetometers. Parts and schematics are available. It is of interest that the referenced frequency at the authors' site with a Proton Mag. is within the spectrum of past observations of both electrophonic sound, Keyes' frequency calculations, and sounds heard by meteor scatter observers.

Side note: At present, DUAL Moving Charge Sensors are active on my site and closely agree with each other except when a (bird?) passes by one of them. Magnetometers are now planned for the site. No Fireballs yet tho'...... :-(

Larry
YC Sentinel