(meteorobs) planet in western sky?

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Mon May 7 09:18:00 EDT 2007

Let's try that again.

Sigmund,
    It most certainly is Venus, which is blazing at Magnitude -4.1
currently. It is gibbous Venus, about 65% illuminated.
Keep an eye on it (as if you could help yourself :> ) over the next few
months as it will be getting bigger and brighter over the next few months.
By mid July, it will be nearly 3 times larger and a thinly illuminated
crescent of Magnitude -4.5, a good time to peek at it through binoculars
or even a small scope.

Meteor Wayne

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.....