(meteorobs) Newbie - Antenna and transmitter selection

Siddhartha Jain siddhartha at siddharthajain.net
Tue May 8 15:11:41 EDT 2007

Thanks, Larry, Tom and George for your valuable inputs. I finally went
with a Radioshack 6-element antenna (part#15-2163) because it was just
$25 and I wouldn't have to wait for the UPS guy :) The antenna is
mounted on a tripod about four feet off the ground and is pointing
south (north is blocked by my apartment itself) at a small elevation
of maybe 25 degrees. The setup has done wonders to my signal
reception. Almost all FM frequencies come in at full signal strength
now as indicated by the TX-480's signal strength meter. And that's
also my problem now that almost all frequencies seem to be used.

Will keep the list updated once I find something interesting.

Thanks again,

- Siddhartha