(meteorobs) Newbie - Antenna and transmitter selection

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 15:54:43 EDT 2007

Yes, unfortunately FM frequency allocation is almost full up now in the US.  It is a real hassle to find an open spot on the dial for doing forward scatter work.  One possibility, if you are lucky where you are, is that sometimes small college stations go off the air at midnight which frees up a space for the night hours.

Good luck.

Tom

Siddhartha Jain <siddhartha at siddharthajain.net> wrote:
The antenna is
mounted on a tripod about four feet off the ground and is pointing
south (north is blocked by my apartment itself) at a small elevation
of maybe 25 degrees. The setup has done wonders to my signal
reception. Almost all FM frequencies come in at full signal strength
now as indicated by the TX-480's signal strength meter. And that's
also my problem now that almost all frequencies seem to be used.

- Siddhartha