(meteorobs) Brenham meteorite

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Fri May 11 11:33:08 EDT 2007

"Hello:
	There seems to be some confusion as to the identity of the Brenham
meteorite you found.  Is this a new meteorite, or another piece of the 1882
fall?????  As for size, it is sometimes called the World largest Pallasite
but Huckitta at 2 tons is larger.  Any comments about this???
Ed Majden"

Hello Ed and list,

Not sure who or exactly what you are asking, but I will try to help a little
here.

A previous post on this list:

Ed, these appear to refer to two different objects.

>Roberto Gorelli asked for the name of the meteorite, the
>pallasite in the now-destroyed museum in Greensburg, Kansas.
>
>It's the Brenham Pallasite.  Below are some links.  The
>first one is the web page of the museum:
>
>http://www.bigwell.org/meteor.html
>
>http://www.worldrecordmeteorite.com/
>
>http://www.meteorlab.com/METEORLAB2001dev/brenham.htm
>
>Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA

The meteorite that was at the museum, and recovered from the torando damage
is a Breham meteorite.  The other link Ed provided is a Brenham meteorite,
but a different stone from the same fall.

As a side note, Brenham was found in Kiowa County, Kansas.  Two other
meteorites have also been found in Kiowa County, both H5's.

Clear Skies,
Mark