(meteorobs) Re: Origin of ZHR?

vaubaill vaubaill at imcce.fr
Sat May 12 22:26:56 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I was not there, but I recall people talking about vehement discussions
among amators during he 80s-90s about how to reduce visual observation.
Now probably the articles that are considered as reference and providing
the basic formulas are:

- Koschack, R., Rendtel, J. (1990a);
"Determination of Spatial Number Density and Mass Index from Visual
Meteor Observations (I)"
WGN - Journal of the IMO 18,p. 45-58.

- Koschack, R., Rendtel, J. (1990b):
"Determination of Spatial Number Density and Mass Index from Visual
Meteor Observations (II)"
WGN - Journal of the IMO 18, p. 119-140.

Then Peter Jenniskens, (1994, Meteor stream activity I. The annual
streams, Astron. Astrophys. 287, 990-1013) provided other formulas about
the index of population.

See:
http://www.imo.net/visual/literature
http://cdsads.u-strasbg.fr/abs/1994A%26A...287..990J