(meteorobs) Origin of ZHR?

belatrix belatrix at ozemail.com.au
Mon May 14 23:12:10 EDT 2007

Julian,
Altho I already answered you privately :-) For the benefit of the group
thinking or reinforcing their view that I am a total ahole :P , I am
replying again here.
As I said to you, I should of snipped off all previous replies, as I
was only glibly responding to the thread in general, and as you already
know, my reference was to the confusion that can arise between
expectations from this theoretical max, as opposed to what they can
actually see from their latitude/longitude - taking into account some
interesting concepts/formulae's needing to be understood before ZHR can
be understood - ie what is the meridian, zenith, by the general public
at large.
Cheers, and sorry again for dragging you into my silly offhand post.
Kearn