(meteorobs) HALWA May 13-14 2007

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Tue May 15 11:34:07 EDT 2007

This time of year, true clear nights are rare, so I try to take advantage
of every opportunity.
It wasn't as clear as I hoped, but what the heck.
It was, as expected, a slow night. Under the hazy skies, the longest gap
between meteors was 1:20!! That's an hour and 20 minutes, not a minute and
20 seconds. :>

The highlight was 2 Sporadics at
0739 Mag 0, 1 second train
0804 Mag -2, 4 second train.
These meteors tracked to a radiant in Aquila at RA 285 Dec +7
Temperature fell from 48 to 42 F as humidity rose from 33 to 44%

Wayne T Hally
NJAA Observatory 40 40 52 N, 74 53 54 W 803 ft

UT Times 0525-0810 (all meteors plotted, tape recorded data)
2.692 Teff
F=1.00
LM +5.35

1 ETA (344, +03) Mag +4