(meteorobs) HALWA May 13-14 2007

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Tue May 15 11:59:12 EDT 2007

You're an animal, Wayne! I admire your patience. If I don't see anything
in a half-hour, I'm gone. I have to see SOMETHING or I just can't keep
watching the skies.
By the way, there's been the on-going discussion about the origin of the
ZHR; what about the origin of the limiting magnitude method of counting
stars in particular areas of the sky? There was no such method (that I'm
aware of) used back in the early 1970s even though there were ZHRs being
reported. We now use limiting magnitudes as a regular part of ZHR
determination, so ZHR determination must have been an evolving process.

  Pete Bias