(meteorobs) HALWA 2007 May 24-25

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Fri May 25 14:22:53 EDT 2007

Well, as expected, another slow night.
Was out for 2 hours between moonset and twilight. Started off a bit hazy
with the moon setting, by dawn the sky was great.

The scoreboard:
Satellites 7
Meteors 5 (all SPO's)
Planes 4
Lightning bugs :( 2

It really makes things tough when the lightning bugs start.
Any yellowish, -1 magnitude, slow meteor that is not at the center of my
FOV has to be rejected, since I need to make sure it's not an amorous
insect.
The katydids may be noisy later in the summer, but at least they don't glow.

My longest interval between meteors was only 40 minutes this time. :) :)

So:

Wayne Hally @ NJAA observatory
All meteors plotted. Data by tape recorder.
Looked for ETA's (236,+08) ANT's (256,-23) None of either were seen.
May 25 UT  LM   Teff    F   SPO   Mags
0605-0707 +5.48 0.995 1.00  3   +3,+3.5,+5
0707-0809 +5.72 1.002 1.00  2   +3,+4.5
--------
0605-0809 +5.61 1.997 1.00  5

Wayne