(meteorobs) two fireballs

Arlene Carol arlene.carol at gmail.com
Sun May 27 17:53:37 EDT 2007

Hi Bruce,

Well, it would be nice to have someone in the 'neighborhood' corroborate
what I 'sort of' saw. I believe it was 11:13 PM local time.

I don't know how many other 'watchers' we have around here.
What would be the radius of 'visibility' for something like that?
For instance, would an observer in Salonika, Greece (more than 12 hours by
train from the Turkish/Greek border) have been able to
see it. (assuming 'it' WAS a fireball)

How many 'triangulations' actually are confirmed as 'same' sightings?

One of these days, I'm going to go visit the young shepherd amateur
astronomer. He may be able to confirm something. But then again, most sheep
are still being penned up at night.

ar.