(meteorobs) Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'

cHArlie charlies at junct.com
Mon May 28 10:31:10 EDT 2007

drobnock wrote:
> It would be useful to see a map showing the location of the 20 sites
> referenced within the BBC story.... Within the region I live,  there are
> two know mastodon sites -- bogs -- with the most recent recovery work
> about 6 years ago. Not certain of the type of soil work completed. No
> associated human activity with the remains.

I live in NE Oklahoma on Grand Lake o' The Cherokees and collect rocks.
I'm an amateur stone mason and I like using calcite and quartz in my
structures.
I remove rocks from the lake edge and have noticed many of them with
burn marks.  Some have thick deposits of a black substance, which
doesn't burn or smell.
Charlie