(meteorobs) A naive question

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 11:51:45 EDT 2007

I think FM because most folks have some sort of regular FM radio and an antenna to do it is cheap. ( $25. )  Hardly any investment in it.

A radio that gets tv carriers is more expensive to manifest. But all my info is about ten years old now and maybe there is fresher information.

Plus, using FM radio you can often get transmitter IDs by knowing the station content format. Like country music, NPR, rock, etc.  This can help determine distance, direction of meteor and other variables.

Tom

Richard Kramer <kramer at sria.com> wrote: At 05:04 AM 5/28/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Now with my yagi antenna setup, I am searching for a FM station to
>*listen* to and this is where I need the most help (a search on
>radio-locator.com says there are no unused frequencies around my zip
>code!!).

I'm having a hard time understanding why there seems to be such
emphasis on using the FM radio band. Wouldn't it be easier to use
distant VHF and UHF television stations?

Richard

---
Mailing list meteorobs: meteorobs at meteorobs.org