(meteorobs) A naive question

Siddhartha Jain siddhartha at siddharthajain.net
Wed May 30 03:50:29 EDT 2007

I chose the FM radio way because:
- I could find more references on the internet of people using FM radios
- The equipment seemed simple enough for a newbie like me to setup
- Low costs, I acquired the reasonably good radio (Yamaha TX-480) for
about $50 shipped.

But given the FM station density in my area, I am now reading up on
other methods like using a wideband scanner for VHF/UHF. And that
brought up another question to my mind. How does this work once
broadcasters in the US are forced to move to the HD standard?

- Siddhartha