(meteorobs) Leonid Meteor Storm 2032

Catlin cat at catlin.force9.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 16:06:51 EST 2007

Hi all, firstly could I say a huge thanks to all you North American
people for sending over clear skies to all us Europeans yet again in mid
November.
Between 11 and 20 Nov each year a massive block of cold air at high
altitude reaches Europe from North America and gives clear skies at some
point, hopefully coinciding with the Leonid show. I predicted this to
Michel Vandeputte (fellow meteorobs contributor) a couple of weeks ago.
The cold air is beginning to arrive at this moment - it is named I
think, but cannot recall the tab.

Secondly, I can't wait until I'm 73 years old and the Leonid storm
arrives in 2032 - I will be able to travel anywhere on Earth to observe
the storm, as my interest in alcohol, women and song will be on the
decline, no boring job to attend and my pension will ensure complete
freedom.

Finally, the Leonid fireballs in November 1998 were responsible for my
initial interest in meteors and I send warm regards to all fellow
observers throughout the world. Thanks for your many entertaining and
informative accounts of meteor encounters over the past few years.

Crystal clear skies, eternal trains and bonus sporadics to you all

Michael of Leeds, England

P.S. I'll be 106 years old when they next appear as a storm in 2065 -
can't wait ; > )