(meteorobs) Leonid Meteor Storm 2032

Catlin cat at catlin.force9.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 07:49:13 EST 2007

Hi Mark, thanks for the kind invite - I'll take you up on that.

It seems appropriate to be in USA for the storm as the most famous
woodcut picture of the great Leonid meteor storm in 1833 printed by the
seven-day-Adventists is etched on my mind for eternity. I'm no artist
but I plan to try and get something similar down on canvas this
Christmas. May do a local one that occurred here in 1998, or a copy of
the woodcut.

Astro art in general is cool, but I can't get the amount of false color
used clear in my mind. How much of space is grey/black and could there
be a color(s) that we have not experienced before involving an element
other than light?

What type of skies are the norm for you in mid November?

I see on the Atlas that you are near Augusta - the US Masters held in
May is one of my favourite sporting events of the year.

Clear skies and here's to the next 25 years of meteorobs.

Michael
Leeds England