(meteorobs) 3 fireballs observed 4:30am 11/8 from USA (west coast)

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Sun Nov 11 12:19:21 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "byen00" <byen at dslextreme.com>
To: <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 9:39 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) 3 fireballs observed 4:30am 11/8 from USA (west coast)

>I was out shooting Comet Holmes the past week, & have noticed some
> meteor activity.  Sporadics?
>
> http://cometphoto.blogspot.com
>
> On 11/8 (~4:30am) I observed 3 fireballs within 10 min.  They all
> seemed to come out of Auriga:
>
> - 1 moved slowly towards NE (greenish, left persistent trail)
> - 1 moved towards SW (reddish nucles!? left persistent trail)
>
> Can someone tell me what meteor shower this is?

Wow! 3 bolids in 4 minutes from the same (unknown) radiant!
No, there isn't known radiants in this area in this period:
do you are sure that this bolids cannot come from Andromeda
(Bielids) or Taurus (Taurids)? They are slow, especially the Bielids.
It's too strange that at this local time (~4:30am) there are slow
meteors/bolids, in general slow objects are saw in evening.
I hope to can read other reports around the same time (U.T.)
because a new slow radiant it shall be wellcome.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli