(meteorobs) 3 fireballs observed 4:30am 11/8 from USA (west coast)

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Sun Nov 11 13:03:36 EST 2007

Two possibilities are new showers detected in Sirko Molau's decade of video observations. Two are currently active.

One is the Northern Apex meteors, witha current radiant between the feet of Ursa Major; these would be fast meteors. I report then in my observations as NAP/sm68 (Sirko Molau's shower 68)

The other is a radiant in Northern Pisces, between the tip of Trangulum and the nearest part of Pisces; these are slow meteors only 20 km/sec, even slower thatn the Taurids. This is Sirko's shower 69.

Wayne

From: Francisco Ocaña <albireo3000 at yahoo.es>