(meteorobs) DELTA ROCKET & FUEL DUMP TO BE VISIBLE TONIGHT

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Mon Nov 12 13:57:46 EST 2007

> This is a little off-topic, but should be of interest to those of you
> who will be out late doing some meteor observing late Saturday night/early
> Sunday morning . . .

    Thanks for posting this, Joe. I forwarded it to local astronomers,
unfortunately there were no positive sightings here in Edmonton that I have
heard of to date (one likely source yet to report); I myself failed to spot
anything while observing in less than ideal conditions. Meteor report to
follow.

    However, I see where regular meteorobs contributor Pierre Martin had an
image published on www.spaceweather.com of what appears to be a second Orion
Nebula but is in fact the fuel dump. Well done, Pierre!

    Bruce
    *****