(meteorobs) Sentinel Alert -Addendum

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 16 19:31:53 EST 2007

You are quite right George.

In my short experience in Meteor/Fireball work, the opportunity to use my
personal hand-held detection equipment so far has not been realized. I know
better than to attempt recovery in broken high altitude terrain.

Perhaps a rollng hills or desert  terrain will allow an attempt if it is
fairly close by and is trianglulated with enough accuracy to resolve the
fall area to <5 square miles. I am accustomed to search using a visibly
aligned or flagged grid pattern. It is the ONLY way to insure some measure
of success. Otherwise it is just a random chance encounter.

Larry
YCSentinel