(meteorobs) Reminder: Leonid max from 1932 trail

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Sat Nov 17 12:11:00 EST 2007

Hello,

This year the Leonids are expected to produce a moderate outburst
because the Earth encountering 1932 trail of the stream. Time of
maximum, according to my calculations, is 23:05 UT on 18 November.
This time favors mostly Asian longitudes, where quite a small
part of observers in the world lives. So far value of each separate
observation increases. ZHRex is 60-65 meteors, basing on 2006
appearance of 1932 trail peak.
I'll try to observe this maximum visually and videoly, but now I have
total cloud cover in the sky and forecasts are not favorable. So I ask
all observers on suitable longitudes to make observations if possible.
Expected peak should be catched as reliably as possible. Observers in
other parts of the world are also encouraged to observe, as 1)
maxiumum can occur not in the expected time; 2)activity profile aside
the peak is also of great interest to researchers. In Eastern Asia and
Australia radioobservations are possible, but I can't say how
intensive the peak could appear on radio.
More details, as well as map 1932 peak visibility (if it occurs at
expected time) can be found here:
http://feraj.narod.ru/Radiants/Predictions/Leonids2007eng.html

Best regards, Mikhail Maslov