(meteorobs) Decent Leonids from eastern Ontario, Canada ( was Re: Leonids from Belgium: not bad at all!

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Mon Nov 19 02:41:23 EST 2007

Hi Pierre,
In the Netherlands we had just like Michel in Belgium clear sky's during the
night 17/18. Unfortunately , at my hometown Ermelo sky was clouded out the
next night.
The night 17/18 was crystal clear and I observed with a friend (Jaap van 't
Leven)  from a location called the Ermelose Heide (a moor on a distance of 4
km of Ermelo). Limithing magnitudes up to 6,6.
Nice Leonid activity, rates up to 20 an hour. Some bright ones as well:
amongst them a -3 and -4 Leonid. I captured some Leonids on photo, later on
I will publish them on my website. Before we observed the Leonids we took
some pictures of comet 17P Holmes with a William Optics Megrez 80ED triplet
apo refractor and a WO 110 mm F5 Megrez.
All in all we had a great time there!
Best wishes,
Koen