(meteorobs) Whoops - Bad Location Data on Meteor Observations

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Wed Nov 28 09:19:44 EST 2007

Bill,
It really shouldn't cause much of a problem for shower analysis. The few miles difference would only cause a miniscule change in calculated ZHR's from your data. The effect would be in a slightly different radiant elevation, but would be less than a tenth of a degree, having almost no effect on the ZHR.

What I would suggest you do, though, is drop a note to visual at imo.net and give then the corrected location so the position attached to your 5 digit location can be corrected in the VMDB.
If you know your 5 digit code, you could attach it.
If you need help finding that, let me know, and I'll give you a hand.

There's no need to go back and correct past data, just get the number changed for future accuracy.

Wayne

From: Bill Godley <wwgj180 at yahoo.com>