(meteorobs) Update of the IMO visual report form

Malcolm J. Currie mjc at star.rl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 10:23:03 EST 2007

> As always, feedback is very welcome!

Why aren't the times in IAU and ISO order (biggest things first
decreasing to the right, e.g. 2007-11-26 15:06)?

What do you recommend when a double date spans two months or years?  In
the UK we followed the Astronomical Emphemeris (now Astronomical
Almanac) and the British Astronomical Association Handbook to add an
extra day at the either end, like 2007 November 30/31, or beginning 2000
January 0/1 of the month so only the day was doubled not the month and
year.  The summary instructions (or a footnote on the form) should make
it clear what's expected.  The 1 and 2 subscripts I think implies
2007-11-30/1 or 1999 Dec 31/1 which look odd to me, as non-consecutive
dates.

Note we used the solidus for the double dates as your example, but
that's different from the instructions on
http://www.imo.net/visual/major/report/summary where it's a hyphen.
I prefer the solidus because it's clearer in the ISO yyyy-mm-dd form.

Malcolm Currie