(meteorobs) RE:Super-Meteor' Lights up Finland's Northern Sky

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 2 15:00:27 EDT 2007

Thomas I suspect there is a good chance slow fireball may be generating so
much ionization that it has a progressively densor regions around it.  i.e.,
not reasonably uniform in charge.

This may cause partial ABSORPTION rather than reflection of radio waves.

Or another possibility is that a non linear distribution of ions may in fact
re-bend the incident RF signal path much like the Ionosphere routinely can
have several angular reflections within the Ionosphere, BEFORE the "skip
distance wave" radiates down to a receiver.

Ionospheric refraction is entirely possible here for Fireballs.

Larry <KR6FG>
YCSentinel